Tuesday, May 15, 2012

HARD WORK

As I mentioned in my last post, there is a lot to do when you make the decision to self-publish. I was out of my element. I can sit and write a novel all day, but navigating book formatting and website design was entirely foreign.

Luckily, I have a great daughter who has been an avid blogger since the ice age—long before it was as popular as it is now. The next business expense was to fly her and my first grandson (who I hadn’t seen since he was two weeks old) home. During this “horribly rough” week, I tended my adorable seven month old grandson (life is hard) while my daughter worked away on my new website, my book covers, my author photo, and marketing. It was fabulous to work alongside my daughter and draw upon her knowledge. (communications major) I couldn’t have done it without her. She educated me on so much. (Guess all that college debt is paying off!)

Seriously.

My plan was to dump all six of my novels into the public’s lap and see what happened.

Not a good marketing strategy.

So, how did we do it?

More on this next time.

Image: renjith krishnan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment