Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Have People Reviews have been AMAZING!

Before I ever published my books, my hubby and I used to talk about which book of mine would be the one to see the most success. To be honest, we never thought it would be I Have People!! Not because we didn't like this book, we just figured Lancaster House would be more popular, being that it was paranormal. So far, I Have People has the highest rating on Goodreads and I'm thrilled!

Both reviewers below mention that I'm their new favorite author! WOW! Are they talking about ME? This is totally surreal, but I LOVE it! When TammyAnn posted her review, my author bio looked like this:


The Wonderful and Fabulous Taylor Dean

Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding that she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it’s paranormal, contemporary, or suspense—you’ll find all sub-genres of romance in her line-up. 


Wonderful and fabulous? I don't think anyone has ever called me wonderful and fabulous. I mean, my hubby and children often tell me they love me, etc. But they don't often say, "Mom, you are wonderful and fabulous!" So, to have someone post this is AMAZING! When I'm feeling down, I'll read this post to give myself a little pick-me-up! Publishing is not an easy business. Some days are good, some days are bad. When the good comes my way, I have to take it, embrace it, wrap it up in a cute little package and give it to myself. (You get the idea!) What a thrill!

To all of my readers: I think YOU are WONDERFUL AND FABULOUS!

Review of I Have People from TammyAnn at Oh, The Books You'll Read:

MY REVIEW OF I HAVE PEOPLE

Holly Noel Sinclair wakes from an eight month coma to find out that a lot has changed. She can't remember how she wound up in the coma. The doctor urges her to remember on her own with no help from her wonderful husband Gabriel or her best friend Angela.

Her husband sets out to recreate past events in her life in hopes that her memory will return. She can remember her childhood and her wedding day but the past two years are gone. When someone from her past returns will she finally remember what she has kept deeply hidden? What are here husband and best friend hiding from her? Was the past as wonderful as she remembers or is something more sinister lurking in the background?

Where to start with this amazing book? I have found a wonderful new author. Taylor Dean is officially on my favorite author list! I have never read her novels before and I have missed out. This is one of those books you can't put down. I lost many hours of sleep until I finished it. I can't stop gushing about it! It is hard to review and talk about without giving so much away. You find out bits and pieces of Holly's life as she does. You fall in love with the character. The flow is perfect with the flashbacks of her life. I would recommend this book to anyone.

~A special thank you to Taylor Dean for gifting this book to me for a fair and honest review.~




This next review is from Laurie at Laurie's Thoughts and Reviews:


5 Stars

The suspense never lets up; I was hooked from the beginning and never once felt bored or lost interest. This book deals with a difficult subject – spousal abuse – but the way in which the story is delivered is just spellbinding. Holly Noel is a strong-minded, independent person who suffers a horrible ordeal and wakes up with amnesia. Her circumstance is unusual but she has some friends who stand by her, trying their best to help her make a new future and keep the past troubles from interfering in her new life.

I read Sierra a few months ago by this same author and found it mesmerizing, so I jumped at the chance to read this book. I am so glad I did because I Have People is another winner. It is wonderfully constructed so that the story flows smoothly from start to finish, but it is also an exceptionally emotional tale. I became so caught up in Holly’s troubles and triumphs that I pretty much hung on every word.

For all that transpired, these characters lived and breathed for me. They were recognizable individuals who were also unique. I became frustrated a few times when decisions were made that I feel showed poor judgment…but those choices were still, in almost every instance understandable. Ms. Dean is a new favorite author of mine. Pick up a copy of Sierra or I Have People and I bet she will become one of your favorites, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment