Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reviews of I Have People

My most recent reviews of I Have People:

This five star review is from Shelly, formerly of Dive Under the Cover, but is now at House of A la Mode.

My thoughts on I Have People

Most of you know how big of a Taylor Dean fan I am and this book was no exception and it's totally not because I have a quote on the back of the printed copy! I loved this book, but not quite as much as Lancaster House. This is one of those books that I can't really talk about too much for fear of spoiling so I am going to keep this review brief.

At the beginning of the book I had a little trouble with how Holly spoke to everyone. I felt like she came across as really artificial, but as the story unfolds you realize that there is a reason why she is acting this way. Holly is so naive in the beginning, but she grows tremendously during the course of the story. There were times that I was so frustrated with her for the choices that she was making, but her situation is so real and as you are reading it you can't help but hurt for her.

This was a hard book to read because of the subject matter, but Ms. Dean does a wonderful job handling these scenes. Readers should be aware that this book does deal with domestic abuse. This isn't an issue that I have dealt with on a personal level, but I believe that the issue is handled well in this story. You feel for Holly deeply and you will root for her to make better choices. At it's heart this is a love story and has a great element of hope. It's wonderful to see that moment when Holly realizes that even though she started out alone she really does "have people".

I can never say enough about how great a storyteller Taylor Dean is. She writes stories that tug at your heart and make you feel no matter what genre. I highly recommend all of her books if you like wonderful, heartfelt stories with great characters and clean romance.


Thanks, Shelly!

The next review is from Cami of My Reading Addiction. Thanks, Cami!

My Rating:


My Review:
This is one of those books that in my review I can say I loved it and that Taylor really does a great job of connecting you to the characters so that you feel for what is happening to them. That being said, I dont want to spoil the story for anyone. Let's just say this deals with a subject that some may find hard to read about.

It really reminded me a lot of a movie I have seen on Lifetime. Having to piece yourself back together after a trauma is one thing, but having to second guess yourself on who to trust would make the whole situation that much more difficult.

What Holly goes through in this story will hit home for some people and pull on your emotions, but, you wont be sorry you read it!

The next review is from Dalene of A Date with a Book. Thanks, Dalene!



My Review:
This book is definitely a love story that is not without its difficult times. I really enjoyed how the author has woven the various parts of the story together to provide such reading enjoyment. I could not read it fast enough. It’s like she has written many cliffhangers throughout the book.

This is my first book by this author and I can tell you it definitely will not be my last. As soon as I finished reading this book, I purchased Sierra by Taylor Dean. I just hope I can find time to read it soon. There are very few authors that can write such a dramatic story, but Taylor Dean has just proven that she can. 

I don’t even know what else to say without giving anything away. I liked all of the characters, but not really. If that makes sense. The author has created some remarkable characters and their lives that intertwine amongst one another. She has also been able to take such a sensitive and upsetting topic and write a wonderful love story. This story is definitely not for the faint of heart, but is also for the hopeless romantics. 

My favorite line from the book: 
Listen to me, you can take a precious jewel worth millions, dip it in mud, leave it dirty and stained, its beauty spoiled, and underneath it all it will still be worth millions.
Taylor Dean. I Have People (Kindle Locations 6902-6903).

I would definitely recommend this book to all readers of romance and women’s fiction. If you love Diane Chamberlain, Jodi Picoult, or A.L. Jackson, this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment