Monday, January 28, 2013

JOSHUA'S FOLLY


My next book, JOSHUA'S FOLLY will be coming your way in March of 2013!
My mother, who LOVED this book, calls this novel a TRU-BLUE romance. 
No paranormal, no ghosts, no kidnapping, no amnesia, no abuse. 
It's just a contemporary love story, but there's something about this novel that I LOVE. 
Oh, and the drama . . . well, it's not lacking in that department!
Here's a little something to whet your appetite: the 'folly' is not just a mistake made on Josh's part, it's a PLACE!
(I know, how cool is that?)

Here's the blurb:


Can you fall in love with a picture?


After Marisa survives a traumatic experience in her youth, she finds comfort in the form of a photograph of Joshua, her foster mother’s nephew. She falls in love with him, creating and refining an image of the man of her dreams. When Marisa has the opportunity to visit Joshua’s cattle ranch outside of Amarillo, Texas, she meets Joshua in person for the first time. She quickly realizes he is someone she could really fall in love with, not just a silly childhood crush.

Life is seemingly perfect for Josh and Marisa, with endless possibilities before them. That is, until Josh’s reservations take a toll on their relationship and their summertime romance ends rather unexpectedly.

Will Marisa be able to forgive Josh for his folly?




This particular novel has been through the ringer, so to speak. At one time, it was a 165,000 word monstrosity. After editing and streamlining the plot-line, it is now a modest 75,000 word novel. This is SHORT for me! I'm currently working on final edits and I'm horribly tempted to make the novel longer. The problem is that it's perfect just the way it is. It doesn't need more. More will ruin it. More drama, more action, more angst, more issues, MORE of anything will be too much. Believe me, I've conjured up hundreds of new plot-lines for this book, I've ran the ideas by family and friends, and they just feel wrong. Sometimes you have to know when to stop! I feel this novel is best left untouched. The story is perfect as it stands right now.

JOSHUA'S FOLLY
Making an appearance in your life in March 2013!


6 comments:

  1. Oh boy. Can't wait to get this one Taylor. I just KNOW it will be such a sweet read.. All of your books are so wonderful just like you. :) Hope the days keep flying by until I get this one at least and then they can slow down a bit. hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Linda. You always say the nicest things! I need the days to slow down so I can finish edits and get Joshua's Folly out to the reading public! I always think I'm done with a book . . . till I go back to it a month later. Then I see all the edits I missed the last time. Sometimes it feels like all I do is edit! Can't wait to get back to writing my next book. Thanks for the comment. I hope you'll enjoy Joshua's Folly as much as you enjoyed Sierra!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for this one. I have a particular fondness for the name Joshua (my husband and son are named that) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mane Joshua, but I don't have anyone in my life with the name! It took me awhile to realize your hubby was Joshua, since you always call him Hua! I hadn't heard that before as a nickname for Joshua, but I LOVE it! I would love to send this to you when it is published! Thanks for all of your comments, Brandy! Great to hear from you!

      Delete