Monday, March 25, 2013

SANTA FE

Last week I was able to travel with my hubby on a business trip to Sante Fe. 

We stayed at a great hotel called the Buffalo Thunder.


We ate at wonderful restaurants, including this one called Gabriel's. (If you've read I Have People, then you know I love the name Gabriel.) The best part was freshly-made-at-your-table guacamole!


Oddly enough, one of my favorite places to eat is a small little restaurant that's part of a mall. It's called the Santa Fe Bar and Grill and I LOVE the outdoor space. It's actually right next to the parking lot, but when you're sitting in the courtyard, you can't tell because of the foliage. 


I love sitting in the sun, listening to the soft music over the radio, visiting with my hubby, eating fabulous food, and enjoying a scenic spot. (Ignore the parking lot!)

While my hubby goes off to tend to his business during the day, I sit in the hotel room and work on my writing. The day goes by soooo fast! I never feel cooped up. I write to my heart's content with no distractions and I LOVE it!



Some of the rooms at the Buffalo Thunder have Kiva style fireplaces. The first time we stayed there, I sat by the fire all day and worked on my writing and I was in heaven! This pic is a couple of years old, but check out that fireplace! Love it! (the fireplace is on in the pic, but the camera didn't capture the flames.)


This time we didn't have a room with a fireplace, but we did have a balcony with an amazing view of the pool! Yes, it is surrounded by huge torches that are lit at night. So cool!



I love all of the adobe style houses in Santa Fe. They are architecturally amazing!


So, that was my week last week! Got to visit an amazing place, but still got lots of work done. 

How about you? Doing anything special this week?



11 comments:

  1. How nice! I started Spring cleaning a couple of days ago, but it snowed last night so I am so not in the mood! I may stay in my jammies all day and read. That's what I'm doing now...with a dog on my lap and a cat beside me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy! I've been spring cleaning too! I have a goal to clean out ONE thing a day--even if it's just one cupboard or just one drawer. This method makes it a little more manageable--and still gives me time to work on my writing. It seems to be working so far--but I have a lot of cleaning out to do! Thanks for your comment. I LOVE to stay in my jammies all day when it snows. Best day ever!

      Delete
  2. How fun! I'm not doing anything too special. I have a book at the library that is ready for pick up. I'm been waiting patiently for The Clockwork Princess to release. And my mom and sister are coming to my home this weekend for Easter. On Saturday we are having photos done for my daughter Kiaya's 9 month old first Easter pictures.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose! Thank you so much for your comment. I haven't read The Clockwork Princess. I'll have to check it out. Have a wonderful Easter with your family and your daughter! We're having family over for dinner on Easter Sunday too and I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. That looks so awesome. You reminded me of me sitting with your legs propped up with your laptop in your lap. That is exactly how I do every time I get on my laptop. So comfy and easier. lol The place looks beautiful and so peaceful. I love all of your books and can't wait to get my copy of Sierra, my fav of all your books by the way. I was so excited that I won that blog hop. :)
    We will have a fabulous Easter with our two beautiful granddaughters. The little one is already so excited about the Easter Bunny coming. She is so cute when she talks about it. I hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family.
    Keep up the wonderful work with all the great books. You are truly so gifted and that is great for us that love your books so much. :) Big hugs dear friend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sitting comfortably with my laptop too, Linda! But not too comfortable or I'll fall asleep, and that's not very conducive to writing! Hope your Easter is wonderful with your granddaughters. Being a Grandma is the BEST!
      Your copy of Sierra is on its way in the mail as of today! Enjoy! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
    2. Hi Linda, congrats again on your win. Happy Reading and A Happy Easter to everyone.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great time. I love the view of the pool and you looked very comfortable kicked back in front of the fire. I sit in my lounger in front of the fireplace with my computer on my lap. Been doing some spring cleaning and painting the trim of the house. Messing around in the yard a bit. We had a couple of 70 degree days, but a cold front is coming through. Darn, I was so hoping summer was on its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so ready for summer! I love the heat and hate the cold! I haven't gotten around to yard work as of yet, but I've started on spring cleaning too. Somehow the house feels lighter after getting rid of junk!

      Sitting by the fire with my laptop is my favorite place to write, but I don't do it often enough. I tend to sit at my desktop--and multi-task. Not good for me! Thanks for your comment, Sherry!

      Delete
  5. How fun. Another blogger I follow just went to Santa Fe a week or so ago too, and I fell in love with her pictures. I love yours too. I've never visited Santa Fe, but it looks charming. Hope someday--and I would love all that alone time to write. A writer's dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I tell people I like to go with my hubby on his business trips, they always say, 'But, what do you do all day? That must be awful.'

      Nope. It's a time when I get some of my best writing done! You're right, Charissa, it's a writer's dream and I love it! I become completely absorbed in my writing and I lose track of time. And you know what . . . it's fabulous!

      A photographer, I am not, but I'm glad you like the pictures! Santa Fe is worth a visit! Thanks so much for your comment, Charissa!

      Delete