Saturday, March 30, 2013

Why Domestic Violence Victims Don't Leave

The message behind I Have People is simply this: verbal, mental, and physical abuse is NOT OKAY. EVER.

That's what I wanted to announce to the world. That's why I wrote I Have People.




Image courtesy of [smarnad] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Don't let anyone treat you with such behavior. Don't accept it. Don't allow it. Don't live with it.


Since writing I Have People, I have received positive feedback from individuals who have faced similar situations as Holly. I appreciate these individuals reaching out to me. It is, by far, one of the most rewarding things I've experienced since I began publishing my books. It is my hope that I Have People will help women facing domestic abuse--even if it is only in some small way.

I recently came across this video of a woman telling her story of domestic abuse and I found it fascinating. We all wonder why women stay in such a situation and Leslie Morgan Steiner gives us some great insight into this issue. She is providing a great service to women by sharing her story. I thought I'd share it with you here today:

http://www.ted.com/talks/leslie_morgan_steiner_why_domestic_violence_victims_don_t_leave.html?source=facebook#.UVMk5ha_MZx.facebook 


No comments:

Post a Comment