Monday, April 29, 2013

THE WEEKEND

This has been a memorable and eventful weekend! My daughter came to visit. She is five months pregnant with a VERY healthy baby boy! Amazing news. (see her story here) We attended her best friend's baby shower. They've been best friends since high school and are now pregnant at the same time!

We couldn't resist taking a 'pregnant bellies touching' picture! (my daughter is on the right)






I had great fun baby clothes shopping with my daughter! Love buying cute clothes for my new grandson!
Then we ate at Applebees.
(After all that shopping we needed sustenance!)




As for my bedroom repairs, (we had a pipe burst in a bedroom wall) we are almost nearing completion! Of course, one thing has led to another--we didn't just re-paint one bedroom wall, we re-painted the entire bedroom, which led to a massive clean out, which led to new bedding, new chairs, etc, etc. We're doing the wall paper border this week--and I promise to post my idea for covering the wall paper border, if it works!



I really like chocolate brown and hunter green together! I'll post more pics when it's finished!

AND . . . are you ready for this? My dad had a skirmish with a chain saw. Yep, while cutting wood, the chain saw got away from him and hit his ankle! OUCH! The doctor said he was very lucky to not have hit an artery. He has a long recovery ahead, but thank goodness he's OKAY.


These are his pants . . . after my mom washed out the blood. 
Yikes!



Lastly, my proof copy for my upcoming novel, For Nick, arrived!! I love this cover! (Joshua's Folly is coming soon!)


How was your weekend?


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad your dad is ok! That is scary! Tell him no more chain saws! The pictures of your daughter and friends are so cute :) My weekend went by way too quickly! Hoping next weekend I can relax! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christy! I'm glad he's okay too. It could have been so much worse. My daughter is here for the week, so it feels like a really long weekend. Daughters are the best! Hope you get lots of 'relax' time next weekend! Thanks for stopping by! Much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Men and their (dangerous) toys. Sounds like a great weekend. I was on the Redneck Riviera at Florabama for the Mullet Toss. Will be posting later about it, with pics. Have I peaked your interest? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of such a thing, so you have definitely sparked my curiosity. I'll be watching for that post! Whatever it is, it certainly sounds fun and unique! Can't wait to hear about it! (and see the pics) Thanks, Sherry!

      Delete