Monday, August 5, 2013

THE WEEKEND

Honestly, the highlight of my weekend was a wonderful post about MY books on a fabulous book review site called, FUNDINMENTAL. To see the post, go here. 

I especially love the perfect picture of all of my books in the post. It's something I haven't even done as of yet! So, thank you, Sherry, for the lovely picture.



There's something about seeing a picture of all of my books together that sends a thrill through me! So satisfying. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something, that all of my work has not been in vain. Even so, I've enjoyed every minute of writing these books. It's a bonus when other people love them too!

My weekend was spent running an Eleven Year Old Boy Scout Day Camp. I took lots of pictures, but then realized that I couldn't really post them on my blog. Not when young children are involved. I believe I would need parental permission, so decided not to post the pictures.


Image courtesy of [olovedog] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

At any rate, as we drove home from the Day Camp, hot, sweaty, and exhausted, we saw one of those digital bank signs that tells what the temperature outside is and it read 102. At five 'o clock at night.

Let's just say, it's now Sunday morning (as I write this) at 11:30 AM and I just woke up and I'm still in my pajamas and my feet are still throbbing. Seriously, I'm staying off my feet as much as possible today. However, the Day Camp was a success and a good time was had by all. (even me) 

The best part: it's over. Thank goodness.

And, to my hubby of 31 years as of today,
Happy Anniversary!


Speaking of accomplishments . . .
(and anyone who has raised children knows it's an accomplishment!!)


(Pic from May of 2012. Three other grandsons not pictured! One born in June 2013, one, sadly, in heaven--see my blog post, Remembering Jerad--and one more on the way in September 2013!)

Of anything, my family has brought me the most happiness!




9 comments:

  1. Your family is so beautiful! That is the best accomplishment ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charissa! We have an empty nest now. The kids are all spread out all over the place and I miss them so much!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention Taylor. I had a fun time putting it together. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Congratulations on your anniversary and wishing you many more. You have a very nice looking family. Many happy times to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the good wishes, Sherry!

      I LOVED your post and loved reading all the comments and I LOVE the picture of all of my books! You made my Sunday a happy one!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Taylor. That means a lot to me. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I loved Sherry's post, too! Your books look good all together like that. What a crazy weekend. Ah, Scout Day Camp--very glad I'm done with those (as a mother, guess I could still end up being a leader one day, huh?). Congratulations on your anniversary! You have a beautiful family and how fun that it just keeps growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beware of scouting . . . I don't have any kids in it anymore either!!! It was a fun day though, just exhausting.

      Thanks for your sweet comments. I always feel overwhelmed with memories on our anniversary. It's hard to believe that we now have four children and four grandchildren! Amazing!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Your family is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. Great to hear from you! Hope you're doing well.

      Delete