Monday, November 18, 2013

MONDAY MUSINGS

Sorry I missed last week's Monday post! We were out of town, visiting our daughter in Arizona in her new apartment.



I love the way she decorates. She just moved in, so this is only the beginning!


We also visited my sister and her family. I LOVE Arizona weather in November. It was PERFECT! We sat outside at this restaurant for hours and it was wonderful. 


After a few days in Arizona, we were off again, this time to Santa Fe, where my hubby had to be for business. We once again stayed at the Buffalo Thunder. I love this hotel. The below pic is looking down into the sunken lobby/waiting area. I always look at it and wish I had a house like this!


Buffalo Thunder Hotel

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder Hotel, NM - Exterior

While my hubby tended to his business, I was able to have two entire days of absolute peace and quiet. I spent the time going over my newest manuscript, I'm With You, from beginning to end--and it was bliss. 
I'm now ready to send out proof copies to some of my early readers.  (not beta readers) These are the people who read my book before it is finished and give me advice. After hearing their opinions, I spend a few more weeks making changes/edits, then the manuscript will be off to the editor.
I'm very excited to release this book. The subject matter is near and dear to my heart. It's coming along nicely, but it has not been an easy book to write. Emotionally, it has been exhausting--yet therapeutic as well.

Here's the tentative blurb for I'm With You:
(Fair warning: the blurb has changed at least twenty times, so it may change again! It's still a work in progress.)

Can three little words change your life?

When the doctors inform Chloe Brennan that her pregnancy is “incompatible with life,” her subsequent choices will change her path forever.

Three people will pierce Chloe’s existence: her husband, a stranger, and a precious baby.

One will say goodbye, one will say hello, and one will say both at the same time.

I’m With You is a novel about selfless love and the sacredness of life.

This novel includes my daughter's true story (See Remembering Jerad) and is very personal. She heard the words "incompatible with life." It's a devastating diagnosis and I wanted to share the story with the world to increase awareness of this condition. It's a condition I had never heard of before until it happened to us.
That being said, my daughter will be the first to read the manuscript--and she has full editing rights. If she feels anything is just too personal, I will remove it from the story.

Of course, the book is also a Romance novel!
To be released in late Jan/early Feb. 2014

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!


8 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter is having fun making the place her own. It looks very nice. Arizona looks like a great place. I have not been there, but would love to visit - great weather and photo ops. Buffalo Thunder looks like a nice place to stay. I can see myself wandering around and taking pics. Your new book sounds so sad. I know you will make it happy ever after. ^_^ Thanks for sharing all your wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is sad because of the subject matter,. However, I did add several 'up' scenes to balance out the sad. (just like I did with For Nick) And it does have a happy ending, of course! But, I don't doubt that there will be people who don't want to read it due to the weighty issues. Baby loss is a difficult thing to hear about, read about, etc. As a matter of fact, the book deals with this very issue. In general, people don't want to hear about baby loss grief--and I do understand--but I had to write this book, for me, for my daughter, and for my grandson. It's not an easy thing, but I felt compelled to write it.
      As for Arizona, it's a place I'd love to retire to! (as long as I have air cond and a pool!)
      With your photography skills, you would have a heyday taking pics in Santa Fe.
      Thanks for stopping by, Sherry!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful new home. She has a talent for sure.
    Looks like you and family were enjoying being together. I could see myself living in a place like Buffalo Thunder. It would be even better if I didn't have to clean it. LOL
    Your new book sounds heart wrenching, I'm with Sherry about the happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! I rely on my daughter for 'decorating' advice. She has a real knack for it. We all tell her she should've been an interior designer, but she chose the psychology field.
      I, too, would love to live in a huge rambling house, but you're right, cleaning it would be a bear! It's all I would ever do, clean, clean, clean--and I'd never enjoy it.
      My new book definitely deals with some emotional issues, but YES, it will have a happy ending! Parts are a tough read, but the majority of the book is overshadowed by the romance. While baby loss is a horrible ordeal, there is another side to it that I hope I have captured in the novel.

      Delete
  3. Love all your pictures. Your daughter's place and the hotel look amazing. How fun to have a little weekend getaway and work on your story. I'm excited, as always, to read it when it comes out. My sister in law dealt with losing a baby, and it is a tumultuous journey that is heartbreaking for everyone that knows the couple (and the pain doesn't go away for years).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. It's not something you 'get over' or that 'time heals.' Having another baby is wonderful, but it doesn't change that you mourn the loss of the other baby. The research I've done in writing this book has been very enlightening.
      I agree weekend getaways are the best! It's so nice to work on my book without other distractions. Thanks, Charissa! I love your comments!

      Delete
  4. You have a beautiful family Taylor.. I love the pictures and that hotel is amazing. I would love to visit Arizona. Such a beautiful place.. The book will be great and bring lots of tears I am sure. You are such a talented lady and as sad as it is maybe it will help your daughter in some way. I sure do miss hearing from you but know that you are very busy too.. Linda Moore :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda. I do think the book will help my daughter. It will be something tangible, written in his memory. It makes him real and proves that he lived. Sometimes that's all she really wants--to be able to talk about him and remember him.
      That being said, writing the book has done the same thing for me. It's helped me to deal with all of my emotions surrounding the event.
      So wonderful to hear from you again. I hope you and your family are doing well. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete