Monday, January 27, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS


Busy week!
I finished my final edits on my next novel, I'm With You, and it has been sent off to my editor.



Now I'm playing the waiting game till the manuscript is returned and I'm back to another week of editing. (That's when I'll really be doing the final edits!)

Meet my editor and her super cute bio:



I'm Jules! A writer/designer/photographer lady. I worked as a copywriter for two years before becoming a married mom person, so now I do freelance design work here and there. Right now I mostly help my mother, the romance novelist, with her marketing/website/book-covers (Taylor Dean!). I also make posters for my husband's shows, cuz he's a theatre teacher. I've also published some short stories and read at art festivals, hooray! And now I'm writing novels, double hooray! I hope to be published within the year.

Yep, my daughter has agreed to take on the job of being my editor. I love that the money I pay her for her work will directly benefit my grandchildren.

I think the novel she is writing will be amazing. She has spoken to me extensively about her plot and I LOVE it! No worries, when she is published, I will advertise it here on my blog!

I love being self-published. In the Kindle Direct Publishing Newsletter this month, author Keith Houghton said:

"I am in complete control of my writing career. What's more, I get the kind of royalty rate unseen in the rest of the publishing world. But perhaps the best thing in KDP's favor for me is the absence of literary snobbery. Anyone with a story can publish it and have people on the other side of the planet reading it the next day. 

"Your only judge is your readership. 

"And that's the way it should be."

Well said, Mr. Houghton. Well said.

I cleaned out my files this week and came across my huge pile of rejection letters. They reminded me that it has been a long journey to publication.


Thanks to wonderful readers like each of you, I've far surpassed the success I imagined I'd achieve!

Thanks for enjoying my books! It has been my absolute pleasure to share them with you!









4 comments:

  1. This post is just full of awesomeness. I am very curious about her novel and will be on the lookout. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a partial of her manuscript, and I couldn't put it down, in particular in the last few chapters. I'm excited to read the entire novel and see what she's done with it!! Thanks for your comment, Sherry!

      Delete
  2. I love your editor! That's so cool that your daughter does all that for you. I will look forward to reading her book when it comes out...and yours soon! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice your quote on the back cover, Charissa? Thanks so much for letting me use it! Can't wait to send it to you!
      I love working with my daughter. We work well together, yet at the same time, she's really good at what she does. I wouldn't be published without her!

      Delete