Monday, February 10, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS -- BOOK TRAILER OF I'M WITH YOU

I spent my weekend working on my Book Trailer for
 I'M WITH YOU. 

So, here it is for your viewing pleasure . . .




Feel free to share!

View the trailer on YouTube here: 

And if you feel so inclined, give it a like and leave a comment. I would be most appreciative!



The release date for I'M WITH YOU is March 30th, 2014.

What do you think of book trailers?

My daughters all said they thought book trailers were . . . well, dumb. They said they'd  never seen one that they loved or that made them rush out and buy the book.

They liked the book trailer for I'M WITH YOU. They just don't enjoy book trailers as a whole.

I debated over whether to do one or not.

In the end, I felt there were enough people out there who do enjoy them and expect you to have a book trailer to accompany your new release.

Besides, I'm one of those people who does enjoy them.

What about you?
Do you like book trailers?

6 comments:

  1. Love it. I don't buy a book because of a trailer usually, but when I like a book (meaning I've already read it), I love any visuals I can see about it. So I think it's a nice thing for the author to do. It might not sell more books, but it's a nice gift to readers. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of it that way till now, Charissa. Good point. I love a visual too, especially one straight from the author's mind--but I don't love a visual of faces. I want to imagine the characters the way I think they look. Just me, being quirky. Most people love that visual so they can picture the characters in their minds! Oh well, the world would be a boring place if everyone agreed on everything!
      Thanks for helping me to see another way that a book trailer is helpful. I love that readers might come and view the trailer AFTER they've read the book. And perhaps it will mean more then!

      Delete
  2. I love book trailers. To me, it's a tease and another way to catch a reader that might otherwise have passed you by. I think I'm turning into a wimp, I had tears in my eyes as I watched it. That's probably because I know you are going to rip my heart out. The good thing is, you will put it back at the end. I will be sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is emotional for me too. The Trisomy 18 portion of the book is my daughter's experience and that makes the book very, very personal. It hits close to home when you are sharing a true story. (not the romance portion, but the Trisomy 18 story) But, I promise it has another side to it that is lighthearted and, of course, it will end happily!
      I enjoy book trailers too. Love when you share them on your blog too. Some are fantastic!
      Thanks Sherry!

      Delete
  3. Book trailers reel me in. I feel like I know the characters a bit and have to read what happens. I'm sure I'll need the industrial size tissues for this one and as Sherry commented, I'll be sharing!

    Please check your emails. Sent a message about our tag team for Joshua's Folly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's extremely hard to capture the "essence" of a book in a book trailer, but I love when they communicate the "feel" of the book.
      Yes, this book has its sad parts, made even sadder by knowing parts are a true story, but I promise it won't be a total downer! The hero of the story saves the day! Thanks for stopping by, Laura!

      Delete