Monday, April 21, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS


I've enjoyed "release week" for I'm With You.

The reviews so far have been amazing. I wasn't expecting my emotional response to the reviews. This book includes such a personal story, and the heartfelt reviews have made me burst into tears. Every. Time.
I forward the reviews to my daughter, whose Trisomy 18 story is in this book. They make her cry too. It's been an emotional experience to say the least.

Here are a few quotes from reviews and/or personal messages:


I just wanted to say that I read I'm With You and finished it this morning at around 1am. I could not put the book down, it was beautiful and very heartfelt. The book made me feel about every emotion I could feel, it was just really beautiful. I love Jack (added to my list of book boyfriends), he is awesome.
~Neilliza


"I love Taylor Dean’s books, but this one touched a deep chord in me. I finished reading it early this morning and then started over to just soak in the feelings and words of wisdom."
~Charissa


Dean has now become one of my favorite authors. She has managed, yet again, to write a book that will resonate with me long after I finish. A book I will recommend over and over again. Dean took a personal and very difficult situation and turned it into a story both therapeutic for herself, but also helpful to so many others out there who have suffered the same loss. She did a brilliant job and I rate this book 5 stars! Well done, Dean, so well done!
~Emily


I really love your books, and this one is no different! I always felt For Nick was my favorite, but this might be a tie.
~Mylissa


This book was based on Taylor Dean’s grandchild who was born with Trisomy 18. I had never heard of this before, so this part of the story was all new to me. The story itself is so amazing that these characters became close friends of mine.
~Lisa


I just wanted to let you know that I literally just finished reading I'm With You, and I am absolutely floored and speechless. An amazing book as well as heartfelt, I cried and felt my heart break with Chloe. It's amazing how these tragic moments in our lives shape our futures, and this wonderful grandson of yours gave you the strength, courage and words to let others know about grief as well as Trisomy 18. 
~Katherine


Taylor Dean creates a beautiful story of loss, grief, and love; I think it makes the story much more real knowing that it is based off her daughter's experience with the death of a child. I can not even imagine what that must have been like.
~Jana

Thank you so much to each of you for your kind and thoughtful reviews and messages.

In the meantime, I took a break from writing this week and updated the master bath. Since the master bedroom is hunter green and chocolate brown, we decided to make the master bath match!
Here are a few before and after pictures:

Before:


After: 
(Ignore the white lamps. They were only in there temporarily, until we replaced the main light fixture.)


Before:


After:



Before:


After:


Before:


After:
(My hubby added a dimmer switch to the lighting and it's amazing!)



So, that's how I spent "release week." 
It was nice to have something else to do besides sit at my computer and anxiously await reviews! 

How was your week?













4 comments:

  1. Loving I'm With You!!! I just got started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read I'm With You. I'm saving it for the 12 hour road trip to Las Vegas. I'm sure it will make the time fly by! I also love your bathroom. You are so talented in interior design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect time to read a book--a long road trip! Wish I could do that, but I get motion sick while reading in the car. We do audio books in the car. Makes the time pass quickly. Enjoy your trip!
      Glad you like my new bathroom!

      Delete