Monday, May 26, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS

I spent the last week painting my dining room, living room, and one hallway. This week we will tackle the second hallway and the kitchen. I love the way a new coat of paint makes the house smell! So fresh!
My son is home from college for a few weeks and he helped me every step of the way. 
I've probably ruined any chance he'll ever come home for vacation again! He's been working hard! 
Alone, the job is drudgery. Together, it has been fun!




In case you haven't guessed, my favorite color is BLUE!

Not much to tell in the way of book news this week.
But, new covers for Joshua's Folly, For Nick, and I Have People are in the works! Watch for them!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!


On this day, I am especially thankful that my hubby returned home safely from Iraq.

May we always remember the men and women who did not return.

6 comments:

  1. Yep, you like blue! Your son is a good man.
    I'm happy for you and your husband Taylor. That is a telling picture and I second your comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I appreciate the willingness of my son to help me. He's easy going and easy to work with, which makes projects with him fun!
      I posted this same pic last Memorial Day. It makes me grateful every time I look at it. Thanks for your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Maybe I'll put a bug in my daughter's ear to come home and help me make my house stylish and cool, since she's in architecture and interior design for her job. Glad your husband is home safe, and my gratitude to all those who serve where they are needed for this country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be an interior designer. What a fun job! Lucky you! I bet your daughter will be redecorating your house for you in no time! I agonize over decisions--and make WRONG decorating decisions all the time. It would be so nice to have someone to ask for advice--and what better person than your own daughter! I'm an HGTV addict. It's a very dangerous addiction! I constantly want to re-do things.
      Thanks for your kind words. So glad to have my hubby home too.

      Delete
  3. Glad your hubby made it home too. And your son - you got a keeper there. I love the pic. I do like the shade of blue you chose and I know it is your favorite color. I'm not sure if I have a favorite color any more. It used to be blue, but I have a thing for red and I love the contrast of black with white. Sounds like you had a great and productive weekend with a couple of things to be thankful for. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry!
      Since my carpet is navy blue, I'm rather committed to keeping everything blue. Good thing I like it!! But I'm starting to branch out and enjoy other colors now too. My children say they will NEVER have blue in their homes. Can't think why!!!
      I'm gonna miss my son terribly when he leaves. We've stayed very busy, but it's been fun.
      Sorry I haven't been around much. Things will go back to normal around here in a few days!
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete