Monday, June 23, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS


This week I received a new review of I'M WITH YOU.
EVERY SINGLE review of this book touches my heart in ways I can't explain.
Today, I'd like to share this particular review with you:


5.0 out of 5 stars Taylor Dean’s best book yet. So Emotionally Fulfilling.June 20, 2014
This review is from: I'm With You (Paperback)

I was so touched by this story that I can’t keep my emotions out of this review.

It is very rare to find an author who can capture, in such vivid reality, the traumatic emotional grief and mourning that comes when you lose someone who is so very dear to you. How your family and friends will try to say or do anything that they believe will comfort you, but you cannot be comforted. All you want to do is curl up inside an emotional ball, in a place that gives you the fondest memories of your lost one, and sit there for days, weeks, even years, in the hopes of recapturing some thread of warmth you both once shared. The only way anyone can understand this is if they have experienced it themselves.

Taylor Dean draws from the traumatic experience she and her daughter had in losing a child, a grandson to Trisomy 18 syndrome, and writes a vivid, emotionally moving, romance story around it. I don’t know how she was able to write this book after experiencing it, but I’m thankful she did. I can relate to Chloe’s story, there were several parts that brought me to tears.

In the book, Chloe suffers greatly from the loss of her child. Her husband, Mark, not able to handle this, takes off with someone else. What he needed to do was to hold her and share in her grief. Instead he gives her some heated words and runs off with another woman, JERK. Later Chloe meets Jack. Do men like Jack really exist? Taylor Dean’s book gives me hope that they do.

This is the best Taylor Dean book yet. Her books just keep getting better and better. I recommend this book, and all of her other books, to everyone I know and everyone I don’t know who reads this review.

Keep writing Taylor Dean, I can’t wait to be mesmerized by your next one.

Thanks, Kay, for a beautiful review.

AND . . . my big news, that I can't wait to share . . . is that new covers are now in the works for I HAVE PEOPLE and JOSHUA'S FOLLY. I'm so excited about these new covers. I LOVE them! 
Don't get me wrong, I love the illustrated covers I chose in the beginning, but I've made the decision to go with more modern looking covers. Slowly, but surely the change is taking place! 

Even though the below covers are just the very first mock-ups and they are still undergoing several changes, I wanted to share them with you anyway! (Because I can't wait!)



That's all the news for today!

Happy Monday, everyone!




3 comments:

  1. Great well-deserved review. And I LOVE-LOVE the new cover for I have people. Did your daughter do it again? If so, she's amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my daughter made both covers. Honestly, I'm having major second thoughts about the JF cover. I LOVE the IHP cover, but I'm not sure the new JF cover is THE ONE as of yet. But, thank you! I'm glad you like the IHP cover. It's been very time consuming to change my covers. I spend hours searching istock for just the right image. But, I don't want to change the cover unless I LOVE it. And now, I'm not sure I love the JF cover.
      Such a tough decision!
      Hope you are healing well, Charissa! Take it easy!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Sherry! I was wavering over the JF cover, then I spoke with my daughter and she said it was her favorite one--that it was modern and a book cover that would make her buy the book right away, AND that it was a book cover she wouldn't be embarrassed to hold and read in public.
    That changed my mind real quick!
    My other daughter said she would now proudly display all of my books. She didn't love the old illustrated covers. (but loves my books) Oh well, I'm learning as I go!
    So glad you love them! Makes me so happy!!

    ReplyDelete