Monday, September 15, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

THE GOOD:

THIS REVIEW OF I'M WITH YOU

(THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS REVIEWER HAS DONE A REVIEW ON ONE OF MY BOOKS. SHE ALWAYS ADDS IMAGES TO HER REVIEWS AND I LOVE THEM! THANK YOU, ATHENA!)


This book gets a 10 from me!!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sometimes life knocks us down and it's really hard to get back up again. That's what happened to your Mom and me...

What would you sacrifice for your child's life? For some,that answer is easy and for others, well, they may need some time to think about that! 

I don't want to give too much away with this story, but I do want to give you enough info that you'll want to pick this book up and read it ASAP!!! 

Chloe and Mark's marriage is not doing so well. They lost their baby a year ago at birth and this devastating hardship has put such a strain on their marriage that they don't know how to recover from it! Chloe learns that when tragedy strikes everyone handles it differently, including her husband. Her friends have seemed to disappear and with her sister living in Germany, her means of support is via phone. 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Mark hits Chloe with news that will upset her, but forces her to wake up and try to move forward from her sorrow. With that, Chloe will find support in the most unexpected person and her journey from that point on will take you on an unforgettable ride! My heart burst with happiness, sadness, and when I thought I figured out how Chloe's story would end, boom, the story took an unexpected turn that tore my heart open! But not to worry, because Chloe's story doesn't end there.

This story was Amazzzzzing that I devoured this book and couldn't get enough of it! I cried, I smiled and I could feel every emotion Chloe was faced with chapter after chapter. This is the second book I have read from Taylor Dean and both books have been unforgettable! If you have not read one of Taylor Dean's books, you are truly missing out.

*****CAUTION*****
The author does caution readers that although this is a romance novel, it also deals with sensitive baby loss grief. If you are sensitive to this issue, then this book may not be for you.




THE BAD


My husband accidentally hit a SKUNK with his car. Evidently its last act on this earth was to spray the car that brought on his demise. Every effort was put into this act. I'm sure it was the best spray it has ever done in his entire life. If you're going down, you may as well go down with a bang, right?
This was last Monday.
The car AND the garage still smell something awful. If we open the garage door, the smell permeates into the house. I can't even enter the garage without holding my breath. It is that BAD!
Ugh!

THE UGLY

1.0 out of 5 stars One StarSeptember 11, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: I'm With You (Kindle Edition)
Enough Said


No, actually, not enough said. I have no idea why you didn't like I'm With You.

On a good note, however, the new word count of my newest novel, GIRL OF MINE, is: 38,000!! It's moving along and I'm obsessed.
And . . .
The audiobook of SIERRA is almost done!
Yay!

Have a great Monday, everyone!!


Image courtesy of [koratmember] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net



7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think people don't review the right book! And why in the world does Amazon allow reviews like that? They need to say something, so the author knows what to change if indeed it does deserve one star. I've read ones that have deserved zero stars lol. Well, focus on the good! I love you and your books and can't wait for your next one! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. If a person doesn't like my book, I'd like to know why. It helps me improve as a writer. "Enough said," doesn't help me, or anyone else for that matter, at all.
      Love you too, Christy! And I'm so glad to have you as an "online" friend!
      Hope you and your children are doing well.

      Delete
    2. No, it doesn't help anyone who wants a real opinion on the book. I'm glad to have you too :) We are doing pretty well...better than I would have ever expected.

      Delete
  2. Love that good review. That's how I felt about your book as well. And...pew! Sorry about the skunk stink. I feel for you guys. And boo for that poorly written review. Sometimes it would be nice to rate reviewers and tell them to not even review if they aren't going to try. I've read books that really stunk (to me) and usually if I don't have something worthwhile to say about why I didn't like it, I just don't give it a review at all. It's impossible to please everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't review books I didn't like. Mostly because I know how much work it takes to write a book and I don't want to make the author feel awful. Just can't do it.
      The skunk smell faded from the garage today while my hubby's car was gone, thank goodness. Hopefully an end is in sight.
      Thanks for stopping by, Charissa!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the skunkiness! That can linger for a long time. Great review and the one star, just shrug it off. The person really should have taken enough time to say what they felt was wrong. Glad to hear the new book is moving right along. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skunkiness is starting to subside, but it's definitely still there. It's awful. I had no idea it could be so bad, especially when it was just the car that was sprayed. Even when the car is out of the garage, the smell lingers. Yuck.
      Shrug it off is good advice--and is all I can really do!
      The new book is moving along and I'm loving the creative process. It's the best part of writing.
      Thanks, Sherry!

      Delete