Monday, November 17, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS

Yesterday morning we woke up to the first SNOW of the season!


Backyard


Front yard

I've been getting a head start on all of my Christmas shopping and now it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. This Christmas season, more than anything, I'm looking forward to spending time with my children.
Not only do I have an empty nest, but all of my children live far away and I miss them so much.

At any rate, I did what I love to do on snow days. I stayed home and baked cookies!


They're Pumpkin Chocolate Chip and perfect for this time of year!!

Here's the recipe. Maybe it will be one you add to your Thanksgiving traditions! They are yummy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla

Cream together sugar and butter, then mix in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.

IN a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.

Add 1 cup chocolate chips and mix well.

Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

That's it! So easy and sooooo good.
I always double the recipe, cuz we always give a few plates of cookies away.

Enjoy! 

Have a great Monday, everyone!



10 comments:

  1. We got our first snowfall today! Those cookies look yummy! I made choc chip cookies last night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy. I don't like pumpkin pie, but I love these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Go figure! But I love plain chocolate chip too. Nothing like homemade cookies. Especially on a cozy snow day! Enjoy the snow (and cookies), Christy!

      Delete
  2. Yum! Pumpkin and chocolate make a good combo. We got dumped on last week and now are in the single digits and the streets are all frozen treacherous ice rinks. I don't like that part, but I love looking out at all the snow. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love snow when I don't have to go anywhere! Driving in it is awful, especially since I grew up in sunny California and am completely inept at driving in it. My daughter is still in Twin and she said the roads were really bad. Yikes! Stay safe, Charissa! (and enjoy lots of cookies!)

      Delete
  3. Snow looks lovely but is too cold for me. Thank you for the cookie recipe, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Rita. I love the cookies and I'm actually not a pumpkin lover. As far as snow goes, let's just say I'm ready to move to Arizona! I'm a total wimp when it comes to traveling (even down the road) in snow. I only enjoy it when I can stay home and not go anywhere!!

      Delete
  4. I loved waking up Sunday morning to a winter wonderland! Your pumpkin cookies are the absolute best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Rachel! Sarah found this recipe in a magazine and we tried it and loved it. It originally called for spices to give them a pumpkin pie flavor, but we didn't like them that way, so we left the spices out and found we loved them.
      The snow was really pretty on Sunday--I just don't like driving in it. Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  5. The snow is beautiful. I do remember waking up to the first snowfall of the year and how beautiful it can be. I do not miss it. At least it is a good reason to hunker down with a hot cuppa and read a good book...or write one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already told my hubby we are retiring to someplace warm! And while the snow is pretty, I won't miss it either! But I do like a cozy, warm house when it is snowing--and reading a good book next to the fire, and especially writing one! Have a great day, Sherry!

      Delete