Monday, May 25, 2015

MONDAY MUSINGS--RELEASE DAY FOR GIRL OF MINE!

My newest book is now available!

GIRLOFMINE







GIRL OF MINE includes a story about a soldier going off to war, therefore it seems fitting to release it on MEMORIAL DAY, in honor of our fallen soldiers.


Image courtesy of [Stuart Miles] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

To all of our military, thank you for your service.


The book trailer:

            




The song that inspired me while writing GIRL OF MINE: 
(Watch until the end. There's a surprise!)

            




A interesting tidbit about GIRL OF MINE:

My dad always worried about the cost of the electricity bill. If he walked past my bedroom and noticed that my light had been left on, he would turn it off and holler,
"That's okay, Taylor, I got your light." 

It became a bit of a joke in our household. My siblings and I loved to try and catch my dad leaving on a light, just so we could say,
"That's okay, Dad, I got your light."

Now that I'm an adult with my own family, the term takes on new meaning. 
The message behind it has worked its way into my new novel, Girl of Mine.

My father brought me into this world, he cared for me, and he taught me well. He gave me my "light," my life.
He nourished my "light" and helped me become the person I am today.

So, Dad, thanks for getting my light.
I'll always be grateful.







In honor of our men and women in uniform, I'll close this post with this song.  

           
                            


ALWAYS REMEMBER

10 comments:

  1. Happy Release Day and Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, thanks for all of your love, support, tweets, shares, likes, reviews, comments, etc, etc. The list goes on! Now go relax and have a wonderful Memorial Day!

      Delete
    2. I did :) And I wrote my review which will go live Wednesday! I would have published it tomorrow, but I've got another one going up then. You will like the one I'm putting up. It's the second book by Traci Borum.

      Delete
    3. Well, I'll have to check out that review! And Wednesday will be great for your review of GOM. Today was overwhelming (in a good way) and now I have something more to look forward to!

      Delete
  2. This release was well timed. I read the whole thing in one night, and I don't regret the lost sleep at all. My sister has been counting down to read Girl of Mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONE NIGHT?!! Love that!!! I always love hearing that kind of news about one of my books! Thanks, Rachel! You made my heart sing!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Taylor. I can't wait to read it! You're cover art is perfection:) I started reading I'm With You and so did Sherry! I hope you had a lovely holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! I appreciate you sharing my book blast! I know the subject matter of I'm With You took a little time until you and Sherry were ready to read it. Totally understandable. Grief is a tough subject. It's been a crazy social media day, but the results have been amazing. In between it all I slept on the couch as I've been fighting a bad cold. But it was a good day!!

      Delete
  4. Squeal! I'm so happy for you. I've been waiting for the release so I could post my reviews. Just finished doing that. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your wonderful review, Charissa! And for posting it on both Amazon and Goodreads, and your blog as well. And, thanks again for helping make the book shine with your excellent edits while you beta read for me. It was so very helpful!

      Delete