Monday, September 28, 2015

MONDAY MUSINGS

Today's post is a shout-out to Author Karey White!
I fell in love with her books when I read the Husband Maker series.
All three books are out now, so you don't have to wait for the next book like I did.
Grab a copy of one of her books today! You're in for a real treat!
Karey writes clean romance. Her stories keep me engaged the whole way and stay with me for days afterwards.
Enjoy!




Charlotte’s a girl with nicknames. She may not love being called Charles or Chuck, but the hardest nickname to take is the one she was given in college, the one that’s followed her now for too many years. They call her “the husband maker” and sadly, it fits. Every guy she's dated since high school has gone on to marry the next girl they date. Not two or three girls down the road. The very next one. 
Is she doing something wrong or is she just cursed? 
When Kyle Aldsworth enters the picture and sweeps her off her feet, Charlotte begins to hope that maybe she's not destined to be single forever. A senator’s son with political aspirations of his own, Kyle's wealthy, handsome, and in need of a wife. Will Charlotte be disappointed yet again, or will she finally be able to make a husband for herself?




It’s been six months since Charlotte and Kyle broke up, and the Husband Maker strikes again. Kyle is officially engaged, while Charlotte is still nursing a broken heart. 

In an effort to get Charlotte out of her rut, she and her best friend decide it’s time for some good old-fashioned matchmaking. While Aleena arranges for Charlotte to meet up with a handsome Scottish tourist, Charlotte gets her two best friends together. But when sparks start to fly between Aleena and Angus, Charlotte is left feeling more alone that ever--at least until the charming Scotsman becomes more than just a safe, rebound guy and teaches her that maybe, just maybe, she can dare to open her heart again.



Charlotte has spent years as the husband maker, sending every guy she dates off to enjoy marital bliss with the next girl he dates. But things have now changed, and she's determined to use her husband-maker abilities one last time--on herself. And she finally knows exactly who she wants. 

Angus has loved Charlotte since they were teenagers, but he's tired of waiting for her to realize how good they could be. She's broken his heart one too many times, and it's time to move on with his life. Maybe a position halfway across the country will be just what he needs to get over her. But when Charlotte won't let him go without a fight, Angus has to decide if he's willing to let her in again or if she's too late.


I also loved, loved, loved this book.



After being dragged to the 2005 movie Pride and Prejudice by her mother, sixteen-year-old Elizabeth’s life changes when Matthew Macfadyen’s Mr. Darcy appears on the screen. Lizzie falls hard and makes a promise to herself that she will settle for nothing less than her own Mr. Darcy. This ill-advised pledge threatens to ruin any chance of finding true love. During the six intervening years, she has refused to give any interested suitors a chance. They weren’t Mr. Darcy enough. 

Coerced by her roommate, Elizabeth agrees to give the next interested guy ten dates before she dumps him. That guy is Chad, a kind and thoughtful science teacher and swim coach. While she’s dating Chad, her dream comes true in the form of a wealthy bookstore owner named Matt Dawson, who looks and acts like her Mr. Darcy. Of course she has to follow her dream. But as Elizabeth simultaneously dates a regular guy and the dazzling Mr. Dawson, she’s forced to re-evaluate what it was she loved about Mr. Darcy in the first place.

I still have a few more books to read from Karey and they are at the top of my TBR list! Check out her Amazon Author Page to view her other books.



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty covers. Thanks for sharing them, Taylor. Have a great day.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! When I love an author's work, I love to help promote them!
      You have done that for me, Sherry! Time for me to pay it forward.

      Delete
  2. I loved these books...but these have all new covers. Way cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I read them, they didn't have these covers either! I love the new ones. Not that the old ones were bad, but I love the new ones so much more!

      Delete
  3. I loved all of these books! They made me smile and worry and want to smack Charlotte! :) I like the old covers better for some reason. More subdued I guess. I love love love the Mr. Darcy book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karey knows how to write a good book, that's for sure! I enjoy the colors in the new covers. The old covers probably spoke more to what's on the inside. Glad you loved the books as much as I did. I have another one of her books loaded on my kindle, just waiting for me to relax and enjoy!

      Delete