Monday, October 12, 2015

MONDAY MUSINGS


You know what's good for my soul?

Reading and concentrating on GOOD reviews.

Bad reviews make me feel HORRIBLE. They get into my mind and wreak havoc with my confidence--if I let them.

One writer recently told me that, for her mental health, she doesn't go to Goodreads anymore.

I understand that feeling.

So, whenever I need a pick-me-up, I read my five-star reviews.
Getting a big head in this business is impossible. Bad reviews will knock you down.

The important thing, however, is that you pick yourself up!

I just completed a four day FREE book promotion for Lancaster House. Afterwards, there's always a rash of new reviews popping up.

The below review comes from a lady in Australia. She even wrote me an email to let me know how much she loved both Lancaster House and The Middle Aisle.

It's the positive reviews that keep me moving forward.


A special thank you to all my readers who send me special messages and write amazing reviews of my books.

You have no idea how much I appreciate you!



5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible story! 11 October 2015


As a mental health professional myself, and as a romance reader addict, i was immediately intrigued by this story. Although i had never heard of this author, i gave the book a go. And boy am i glad i did!!!

It's been a while since i have read a perfectly executed self published book, where the characters come to life, where the lack of physical intimacy doesn't make me feel like i'm reading a book for 12 year olds or a heavily religious book, and where i cant predict what will happen next.

This book was all this. I loved the transitions between the present and the past, and i loved the psych background. The sequel..... for one i can't stand sequels...they're most often about dragging the same story a bit longer or the first book ends on an excruciating cliffhanger. This was neither.

Book 1 ends well, and book 2 just creates a new story. The epilogue of book 2 is breathtaking.

I won't say anymore. Give this book a go. I swear you won't regret it!!

8 comments:

  1. You just have to remember that not everyone is as wonderful as we nice reviewers are :) We love your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even tell you how much I LOVE nice reviewers. Sometimes you can tell that they didn't necessarily love the book, yet their comments are still so kind. I so appreciate that. And you are an especially wonderful book reviewer, Christy! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Taylor, I can't imagine you ever getting a bad review. Your books are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks, Rita! Believe me, bad reviews come my way and I'm working on not letting them devastate me. BTW, you are one of those wonderful people who always encourage me and always give me a much needed pick-me-up. So, THANK YOU! Your kind comments and reviews are much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. I love that review. This is the book that caught my attention so I read your other books, so I'm glad she liked it too. It is a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been communicating via email ever since. She lives in Australia and experienced something very similar to what my daughter did in losing a baby. She runs a support group for grieving mothers and has her own website dedicated to helping those who receive a fatal pre-natal diagnosis. And I just found out she's LDS. It's been a wonderful thing to connect with her!

      I remember the email you sent me after you read Lancaster House. I LOVE that email. And I love that we've been friends ever since!!

      Delete
  4. That's such a wonderful review, Taylor. I know just how she felt while reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! I love her review and I love your review!! And how they make ME feel when reading them. So happy!

      Delete