Monday, October 26, 2015

MONDAY MUSINGS

CHASING FIREFLIES  is now off to my beta readers. I have eleven wonderful beta readers this time around and I look forward to their comments as they help me  polish my newest book.



Meanwhile, I've started my next book.
At this time, it is entitled STONE SILENCE.
When I have an idea for a book, I always wonder if it will really come to fruition or if I'll end up tossing it in the trash. So far, I've never had an idea that doesn't go where I think it's going.
Hopefully the same will be true of this idea.
I'll keep you posted on my progress!
I love when the creative juices start flowing and my fingers are itching to type the words in my head.


I've also been busy this week simply having fun with my adorable grandson!
He makes life wonderful. Being a grandma is the best!





Guess I better let my hubby know there's a new man in my life.
And I'm in love!



8 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Chase Fireflies...and good luck writing this next book. I am in awe of your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear what you think of Chasing Fireflies, Charissa. It can't arrive fast enough! Thanks again for beta reading for me. We'll see if this new book turns out or not. Meanwhile, I'm having fun writing it.

      Delete
  2. I agree, being a grandma is wonderful.
    I can't wait for your next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to have him with me for a week and a half. (He leaves on Thursday) Whenever my daughter gets called into work, she lets me take him for the week--or however long. She says she doesn't feel guilty when she knows he's with Grandma. I love that she lets me have this time with him. I love having a bond with him.
      I hope you'll love my newest book, Rita!

      Delete
  3. Yay for new books! Your grandson is just too cute for words! I think it is great that you get to keep him when she is working! I am sure it gives her so much peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a win-win. I get time with my grandson and she doesn't have to leave him with a babysitter all week long. I've let my daughters know, if you need babysitting, it's always FREE with grandma!!
      Best job ever, I mean, besides writing, of course! While he plays I can sit on the couch and type away on my laptop, so really, I get to do both at the same time. Do I get very much done while he's here? No! But I do get some writing time and I'm happy with that. But I admit, he's a little distracting. I just want to play with him!!

      Delete
  4. Looks like he enjoys his time with grandma as much as you enjoy your time with him. Congrats on the new book. Intriguing cover.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. There is a reason why I chose that cover. My character is shy and an introvert. Hence, the cover speaks to her personality.
      My grandson leaves tomorrow, He'll have been here just one day short of two weeks. I'm gonna miss him something fierce!

      Delete