Monday, March 14, 2016

MONDAY MUSINGS

I feel as though a tornado has hit me lately--and left behind devastation.
On top of everything I told you about last week, this week proved to be even more eventful.
I came down with the flu.


Image courtesy of [cuteimage] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Ugh. Maybe that makes my week uneventful since all I did all week was lay around in bed and moan.

Of course, while I was laying around, I read Chasing Fireflies on my kindle (again) for the last time.

And by the way, it is officially FINISHED!


Image courtesy of [Stuart Miles] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I know, it's been finished for a while now, but the beta reading, the edits, the ebook formatting, and reading it through over and over again while looking for mistakes and polishing it has been a long process.

I'm happy with it and ready to release it on July 1st. It will go up for pre-order in April and I will soon be offering ARCs.

Being sick also granted me the time to read an ARC of the next book in the Power of the Matchmaker series, LOVE IS COME.

Love is Come (Power of the Matchmaker)

I LOVED this book. I don't often read Victorian novels. Many years ago, I went through a phase wherein I read every single book Victoria Holt has ever written and I LOVED every single one. This book reminded me that I do indeed LOVE Victorian novels. They're so prim and proper. It's interesting to read about a world where it's scandalous to be alone with a man and if you are with a man, you need a chaperone. The people from that day and age would be shocked by the world today. I greatly enjoyed this book and realized I really need to read more books from this genre.This was a refreshing read and the story held me captive from beginning to end. I especially loved the way the story wrapped up with everyone receiving their happy ending. There were times when I couldn't see how it would all end well without bitter feelings, but it did, and beautifully and realistically at that.  Very well done.

While I didn't get any writing done this week, I'm now 40,000 words into my brand new book, STONE SILENCE, and I can't wait to show you the cover when it's complete! I've tentatively decided it's going to be a series of three books called the SOUND OF SILENCE series. The second book will be called JAILBIRD, and the third book, HOTHOUSE FLOWER. At least, that's the plan for now. We'll see how it evolves as I continue to write. I'm not sure yet if they will be novels or novellas, but I'm super excited about this new project. I'm taking hold of this idea and running with it!


Image courtesy of [1shots] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

In honor of my new SOUND OF SILENCE series, please enjoy this remake of the song by the same name. I'm not crazy about the piercings on the lead singer, but I love the song. I love the way the song is so soft in the beginning and then crescendos with so much emotion. It inspires me because of the raw emotion.


             


Have a great week everyone! And don't get the flu!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick. That's never fun. I was just getting your posts scheduled into the other blog this morning and they made me smile. Your forgiveness one was such a good message. Get better soon. I'm excited to see what this new series turns into. Your stuff is always great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby had a business trip to Santa Fe, so I went with him. We felt like the fresh mountain air would be good for my recovery. I'm feeling very pampered and slowly beginning to feel better. If I could just stop coughing, life will be good.
      I'm glad you liked the forgiveness post.
      And now I'm going to try to get a little writing done on my new book. I will definitely need your beta reading advice with this one!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I hope you are feeling better soon. I am looking forward to Heather's book! I loved the last Power of the Matchmaker one by Kelly Oram. Totally adorable. Have fun writing the new series! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Kelly's book too. I've read four of the Power of the Matchmaker books so far and I've really loved them all. Now I have serious nerves over my book. I hope everyone likes it. Thanks for the get well wishes. I need all of them I can get!

      Delete