Monday, November 21, 2016

MONDAY MUSINGS

Music is a huge inspiration to me. I don't listen to music while I'm writing. I prefer silence because I'm easily distracted.

But I love to listen to music while I'm cleaning house, exercising, and driving. During those times, I receive my best inspiration for writing.


Image courtesy of [Stuart Miles] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

As a matter of fact, when I'm not writing, I'm constantly thinking about my current book plot and mentally making decisions about the direction certain scenes will take.

Just the other day I heard this song and it really set my imagination soaring. (Not sure how I've never heard it before.)

        

I'm kind of obsessed with this song now. One of my pet peeves is people who roll their eyes at romance novels. Why is it considered fluff? What makes a horror novel smarter than a romance novel? I don't get it. Guess I never will. I love romance!!

Then I hear songs like this and think, "This is a short little romance story, turned into a song." As a matter of fact, these short little romance stories are on the radio all the time and people love them!

I also heard this song this week and fell in love with it:

       
   

Have you read Me Before You? I read it and saw the movie. I loved them both. However, when I read the book, I HAD NO IDEA HOW IT WAS GOING TO END. I won't give away the ending here, but it is a controversial ending at best. I didn't like how it ended. At all. It didn't keep me from enjoying both the book and the movie though. The journey is great. The ending will leave you sad, and maybe even MAD.

At any rate, those are my thoughts on a Monday morning. Listen to the songs and ENJOY!

What is your favorite romantic song?

4 comments:

  1. I liked that Over and Over again song. Cute heart-tugging video too. I'm like you...love me a good romance. Can't get enough of them. They make my heart happy. Favorite romance song--that's hard. I love too many and have a weakness for remembering names even for songs I really like. I'll tell my kids, "You know that one song that I like...um..." and then I try to remember certain phrases from it because I never remember titles. I am a music failure in that way--remembering names and artists. But I just love to turn on Pandora and listen away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never remember the titles of songs or who sings them either. Don't feel bad. I love the two songs I posted on this post, but I'm not sure I could choose an absolute favorite. Basically, if it's a love song, I LOVE it! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Charissa!

      Delete
  2. I am a huge music person...obviously lol. I haven't read it or seen the movie yet. I don't want to be sad lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was very lighthearted and made me laugh several times. But the ending . . . oh, that ending will make you sad. And like I said, probably MAD. I was torn between understanding and anger. It really was a tough decision in the end. I don't agree with it, but I do have compassion for the situation. Now you're probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about!!

      And yes, I know you are a music person by your answers on WW!! How is it that so much time goes by and I run across songs I've never heard?

      Delete