Monday, February 20, 2017

MONDAY MUSINGS

Sometimes an idea for a book hits me and if I don't write it down immediately,  I lose it.

A few weeks ago, an idea for a Christmas novella came to my mind and I was so inspired by the story, I sat down at my computer and started writing it that very day. I loved it and I didn't stop working on it for the next week. By then I had 24,000 words done. (Not that that's impressive or anything, I'm a slow writer.)

It still needs a lot of work but the basic story is on paper and now I won't forget the story I had in mind. I can't wait to get back to it and give it a good polish.

It is entitled VIOLIN WORDS and I will release it in December of 2017.


(The image above is not the cover--or maybe it will be if I don't find something better! I don't know yet!)

Now that my Christmas novella is on paper, I have returned to my new series, which I should have been working on all along! I lost a week of work on my new series, but I gained a novella.
It was worth it.

Stone Silence is complete and Jailbird is halfway done. I'm on a roll with Jailbird and I'm anxious to finish it as well.





So, that will be FOUR new books coming your way in 2017!!
I have my work cut out for me. But, I'm loving every minute of it.

Have a great Monday, everyone!




6 comments:

  1. That is great news! I love novellas because they're so quick and easy to get through! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hear mixed emotions from readers when they read novellas. Some don't like them because they feel they are underdeveloped. Others love them for the same reason you stated. So the challenge is before me: write a well developed novella!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome. I'm, of course, very excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Which is why I couldn't wait to announce it!!

      Delete
  3. Love the cover whether it's the final product or not. Looks like I need to read faster. :-) Glad to hear you're on a roll. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd much rather be on a roll than stuck with writer's block!
      I'm glad you like the mock cover. I like it too and if my other plan for the cover doesn't work out, it will be the one!

      Delete