Tuesday, April 10, 2012

THE AGENT

Did you know that a growing trend amongst literary agents is to not respond if they’re not interested? They say, you will hear from us only if we are interested.

I think we writers deserve to hear back. I think we deserve to get our rejection letters/e-mails. Otherwise, we anxiously check our mailboxes/e-mails on a second by second basis, hoping and praying for a response.

At any rate, I finally received the PERSONAL rejection letter. This is the rejection letter that is NOT a form letter. This is one that has been hand written (or typed) just for you. In this letter, THE AGENT said that there are moments of great writing here, but in the end, the story didn’t work for him.

It was rejection. Yet, all I heard was, there are moments of great writing. Not only that THE AGENT also said that I had a great writing style. I was thrilled. It was encouragement and exactly what I needed to hear. From here on out, said agent shall be called THE AGENT in order to protect agent’s identity.

There is a future with THE AGENT. And I didn’t even see it coming.

Image: digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment