Friday, April 12, 2013

Review of I Have People!

Right now, I'm loving my reviews! That doesn't always happen, so I'm enjoying it while I can!



Image courtesy of [Stuart Miles] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Below is a great five-star review of I Have People from Mel's Shelves! Thanks Melanie! To view it on her blog, go here.

To follow along on my I Have People Book Tour, go here.

I loved this book! It starts out as a nice, sweet love story, even though you know there's
something that's being kept from Holly. After Holly wakes up from an 8 month coma, Gabe is so careful with her and works hard to re-create their life before she went into a coma. Her best friend, Angela, is also there to help her out but neither of them will tell Holly how the accident happened or jog her memory--they tell her she needs to recover her memories on her own. She is happy and life is perfect and then HE comes into the story and there's a different tone. His name is Cal and he's likable enough, at first, and then reveals his true self after they get married. I really felt for Holly as she was humiliated by Cal over and over yet hung in there and acted like nothing was wrong. She tried to convince everyone she was clumsy and it got harder to make up stories as time went on. As she learns more about his dark secrets, though, she realizes that she needs to leave asap. I was frustrated that she didn't just leave but understand why she wanted to wait. At times it was hard to read how Cal treated Holly and I thought Taylor Dean did a great job of describing the abuse, where you could feel Holly's pain, without being too graphic. I'm so grateful that I have never personally had to deal with domestic abuse and I know that there are worse stories out there than Holly's and hers was hard enough for me to read. 

In the Launch Tour post, which you can read here, Taylor Dean addresses the fact that the cover looks so happy and cheery but the book deals with the sensitive issue of domestic abuse, and the overall message of the book is a great one. I also love the title and it's a bit of a roller coaster for her as she realizes she has people that care about her to wonder if they really have her best interests at heart after all.

I was excited to get this guest post, The Worth of a Soul. (View it here.) This is one of my favorite conversations from the book, too. Once Holly's memory returns, she has a hard time believing that someone as wonderful as Gabe would give her the time of day. And Gabe--Sigh!! I loved him from the beginning and he gets even more wonderful once you learn the entire story. Be sure to read all of the guest posts during the tour because Taylor Dean adds lots of extra insights into her books and characters.

This book kept my interest from the first page and didn't slow down. I highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys reading about second chances and finding real and lasting love.

Content: I personally consider this a clean romance but will alert you that there is some passion involved (but no details)! And there's some swearing (but not much).

My Rating: 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed my review and are finding lots of good ones right now! You must have found your audience. I'm looking forward to reading your other books, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie! I can only hope the other reviews will be as good as yours! Thanks again for your review!

      Delete