Sunday, April 14, 2013

THE WEEKEND (TO INCLUDE MY NEW BOOK TRAILER FOR SIERRA!)

The weekend started out good. My hubby and I went to a cute little 'hole in the wall' local restaurant on Friday night with another couple. The food was 'home cookin' good.' My favorite thing was that while you are waiting for your dinner, they serve cake! Yep, they serve dessert first! What a concept! My kind of place! They also had this sign hanging up on their wall--and I had to take a picture of it. 


If you have trouble reading it, it says, "Remember Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts! Did you know that? I didn't! But I love it!

We planned on Saturday being a relaxing day. It started out great. Then a pipe decided to burst in our bedroom wall! We could literally hear the water rushing out. I grabbed towels and quickly began to mop up the water that was slowly sneaking into the bathroom from under the baseboards while my hubby ran to turn off the main water valve outside. Talk about a moment of panic!

Yikes! What a mess! All I can say is, thank goodness we were home when it happened! Otherwise we would've come home to a flood! As it turned out, my hubby heard it happen and we had the water off within five minutes, maybe less. (it seemed like forever!)


In between cleaning up the mess, I sat at my computer working on my very first book trailer for SIERRA. I haven't posted it anywhere else as of yet, so you're the first to view it! Enjoy! Here it is:


Let me know what you think of it!

How was your weekend? What did you do?

8 comments:

  1. Between "stressed" and your "leak", it's almost like a premonition. How ironic is that?

    Love the trailer. I always look forward to book trailers. I think they add a little something extra and tease us just a little bit more. Great job!!

    Let me know when I can share it. I will add it to my sierra post and republish it.

    My hubby and I have been watching The Masters golf tourney all week and got the golf itch. We went out on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day and I had one of my best rounds in quite a while, if you can call 113 good. ^_^ I am quite the hack, but I love the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry! I've just posted the book trailer to facebook and youtube and you are very welcome to share it. Here's the Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfodo9vCZRU&feature=youtu.be
      Thank you!
      The stress continues as we work on all the repairs from Saturday's fiasco! Once the plumbing repairs are complete, it's only the beginning! Next comes the wall repair, the carpet repair, etc, etc. Home improvement projects here we come!
      Your Saturday sounds so much better than mine! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I really need cake before all my meals :) I really like the trailer. The music is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, cake should always be the appetizer! Great way to start a meal. Glad you like the trailer and the music! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Loved the trailer. The music was awesome. You already know that Sierra is my very favorite book so what can I say. I loved it all.

    I am so sorry about your flood troubles. I know how that can be. We had our hot water heater to bust last year. Ugg talk about a mess. But it all got fixed and we are still here and I still love Sierra more than any other book of its kind ever.. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flood troubles have only gotten worse. The plumber came and drilled into the concrete flooring and didn't cover a darn thing! I spent the day cleaning every nook and cranny of my bedroom! Grrrrrr.
      But I'm so happy you like the trailer for your favorite book! I'd be worried if you didn't like it! Thanks for letting me know; it makes me so happy!

      Delete
  4. Your trailer is great and I love the music. Now I have to get reading Sierra so I can show this to everyone with my review! Sherry keeps telling me to hurry:)

    Sorry about your flood. That can be a mess but you were lucky you were home when it happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I'm so glad you like the trailer! I've been working on a trailer for Lancaster House, but it's not coming together as quickly as the Sierra trailer. It's a little trickier. I want the mood of the trailer to match the mood of the book.
      Still working on repairs after the flood, but everything will look really nice when it's done, so that's a bonus! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete