Monday, November 4, 2013

MONDAY MUSINGS


The most exciting news of my weekend has been my sales for Sierra! As of right now (Sunday afternoon) I've had  1,340 sales! I think I drove my family absolutely crazy sending them update emails with the progress of my rankings. At one point, my husband advised me to stop checking my stats on the computer. (grass doesn't grow and water doesn't boil if you watch it, etc, etc.) 
Guess it's kind of obvious I didn't listen to him!

The amount of sales in one day greatly changed my rankings on Amazon: (thank you, Book Bub!)
Excuse my exuberance, but I get very excited over this kind of thing!

As of Sunday afternoon:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #104 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

For about 12 hours I was actually in the top 100 paid in the Kindle Store. (#76) That's never happened before and I was so excited! Now I'm just four away, so close, yet so far!

And I even ranked as an author!

Amazon Author Rank beta (What's this?)

A special thank you to each of you who purchased Sierra. I hope you enjoy it! The story of Sierra haunted my dreams at night, till I finally took the plunge and wrote the novel. After writing it, it was as if the story had been expunged from my soul--and I no longer dream about it anymore. So sad. Instead, each of you can experience the story of Sierra for yourselves. ENJOY!


Other news: HALLOWEEN!

We had a fun Halloween. We participated in a trunk or treat at our church.


My daughter and her new baby dressed as Sharknado (have you seen the sci-fi movie?) for Halloween. This just cracked me up! Yes, the baby is the shark--well, one of many.




My other daughter's son LOVES Thomas the Train. He chose a Thomas the Train costume for Halloween. However, when it came to him actually wearing it, he would have NOTHING to do with it. He absolutely refused to wear it and cried if it was anywhere near him. (he's two) 

Not wanting to waste money, my daughter wore his costume and got him something else. So, this cracked me up too!! Guess I'm easily amused!


Hope you had a spooky Halloween and a relaxing weekend!

Welcome to all of my new followers!








4 comments:

  1. How precious, and yes, I have seen and loved Sharknado. I laughed all the way through it and will definitely watch it again. A trunk and treat LOL- I love it. How creative. Your daughters sound like a hoot and the poor guy crying. (sad face) Who can know what their little minds are thinking. ^_^ Congratulations on Sierra's and YOUR succss. I am not surprised at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry! The sales keep rolling in and I'm very pleased. Now, let's just hope the reviews that roll in will be good! Secretly, I'm petrified!! Sierra is my baby and it's so hard to hear when someone doesn't like your baby!
      My daughters are a hoot--they definitely keep me laughing all the time! I still need to catch Sharknado and I actually look forward to it!
      Thanks for your kind words and your constant support.

      Delete
  2. Great stats! Congratulations. That worked well for you. And I love the funny costumes. Sharknado made us all laugh when we watched it (especially the ending--hilarious! Best corny action ending ever!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously need to watch Sharknado asap. I'm not sure how anyone even came up with the premise for that movie!
      Thanks for your comment, Charissa! I appreciate your well wishes!

      Delete