Monday, January 20, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS

This week all of my time will be dedicated to editing my newest novel, I'm With You. I have a stack of notes from my wonderful early readers with lots of helpful feedback.  Every single one of my early readers said to me, "I LOVED it!" and that's exactly what I needed to hear from them. The 'waiting' was killing me and I'm very ready to get back to work! I'm so thrilled with the response. Due to the subject matter, this was a difficult book to write, although highly therapeutic. 



To add I'm With You to your WANT TO READ list on Goodreads, go here.

Can three little words irrevocably change your life? 

When the doctors inform Chloe Brennan that her pregnancy is “incompatible with life,” her subsequent choices will change her path forever. 

She becomes one of the quiet, unsung heroes of this world, incredibly strong, yet somehow wrongly looked upon as damaged. 

Three people will pierce Chloe’s existence: her husband, a stranger, and a precious baby. 
One will say goodbye, one will say hello, and one will say both at the same time. 

I’m With You is a novel about selfless love and the sacredness of life.



This past week I received a message from a reader on Facebook that made me smile from ear to ear. I LOVE when I receive this kind of feedback. It means SO much to me.
Here it is:

Just finished The Middle Aisle yesterday, so have read all your books. First came across For Nick in July, and can't get enough of your books!!! I was a bit worried about Lancaster House series, and it really had me questioning myself throughout it all. But WOW once again! Thank you for writing such good, clean, enjoyable books!

To all that have ever reached out to let me know you enjoyed my books, THANK YOU! You have no idea how happy you make me!


6 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! That's so exciting. I can't wait to read this. Good luck with editing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charissa, I need it! It's so hard to declare a manuscript 'finished.' I always feel like I should read it one more time, just to be sure. At some point, I have to take the plunge and say, it's done!

      Delete
  2. You sound like a perfectionist. lol I can only imagine how hard it is to let it go, but if you didn't, how could you write another? ^_^ I do love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, Sherry. My mom used to tell me I'm too much of a perfectionist. I hate mistakes in my books, and I know they are there, and it drives me crazy. It's hard to let it go, but if I didn't, I'd never be published right now, I'd still be editing and fretting!
      I'm glad you love the cover of my new book!

      Delete
  3. You have to let the chick leave the nest sometime. You've fed it, nurtured it, and now it's time to let it test its wings.
    I'm so glad you stayed with the cover art. The color is perfect and I'd recognize your book on a shelf as I was passing by:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good analogy, Laura, and quite accurate to how I feel when releasing a book!
      I'm happy with the cover art too, but I love to hear that someone else besides me likes it! So important!
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete