Monday, March 17, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS


Image courtesy of [debspoons] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

So, this picture pretty much describes the last two weeks of my life.
I caught some sort of virus and "stuffy-head-fever-so-you-can-rest-medicine" has new meaning.
I've been plagued by a horrible cough, aching joints, stuffy nose, and to top it all off, my eyes became infected. 
Bet you're glad we're communicating through a computer!



Image courtesy of [Salvatore Vuono] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Now, my lungs are clear, the cold is gone, my eyes are fine, but . . . 
My throat is RAW and on fire.
So, I went to the doctor yesterday to find out why I wasn't better yet. I mean, it's been two weeks!
I don't have strep, which is what I was most worried about.
Doc said it's a virus and it will just take time to get better. 
Ugh. Yesterday was my first time leaving the house in TWO weeks.
Not fun.


Image courtesy of [supakitmod] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

However, when I'm sick I get a lot of writing done. I sit, slumped at my computer, wearing PJ's, wrapped in a comforter, and I work on my writing non-stop. When I'm not at the computer, I'm sleeping.
I don't really do much else cuz I feel terrible.
So, there are advantages to being sick.

But, I'm ready to feel better now!

Hope your Monday is a little better than mine!

8 comments:

  1. Glad it wasn't strep...but it sounds almost as bad. I'm glad you have one positive come out of it--more writing. Eat some chicken soup and chug the liquids. Hope the worst is over and you're on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the sickest I've been in a very long time. I'm feeling pretty good now, if my throat would just feel better, I'll be as good as new. Chicken soup and liquids, here I come! Thanks, Charissa!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are writing. Sad you are sick. Feel well soon. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. It's definitely a perk of the job that when I'm sick I get even MORE done than usual! Good thing or I would've been out of work for at least two weeks--and bored out of my mind!

      Delete
  3. It seems like a tough year with all of the viruses going around. I'm with Sherry, glad you're writing and hope you feel yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes, Laura. I'm ready for spring and I'm ready for the "sick season" to be over!

      Delete