Monday, August 22, 2016

MONDAY MUSINGS


CHASING FIREFLIES released on July 1st and I'm a little overwhelmed by the response.

I wasn't expecting the amazing reviews I've been receiving. (I mean, there's a few bad ones too, but that's just the way it goes.)

Here's what a few readers are saying:

WOW! This might be my new favorite. The words and phrases in this book are like chocolate. I'm a skimmer, but I couldn’t skim this story. It had too many tasty morsels I wanted to savor. The scenes, characters and plot were excellent.
-Charissa Stastny, Author

This might be my favorite book in the Power of the Matchmaker series! It had me staying up til 2 am last night (don't tell my husband), and I would have kept reading all the way to the end, if it wouldn't have put me to 5 am.
-Jessie, Amazon Reviewer


Taylor Dean writes words that describe how I sometimes feel about social situations. Wow! She totally gets the shy/introverted mind process.
-Brooke's Books

Completely gripping read from beginning to end; a sweet love story with enough mystery to keep you guessing. I'll remember this one for a very long time.
-Julie, Amazon Reviewer


I think this is my favorite matchmaker book so far.
-Melissa, Amazon Reviewer

What a great story! I loved everything about this story from the characters to their life experiences.
-Donna, Amazon Reviewer


I can’t explain how much I loved this book. I kept telling my husband and my friend how great it was, to find a character that could sum up my personality. I’ve tried so many times and here comes Savannah and she explains who I am. Taylor Dean, the author, has a beautiful way with words. I devoured this book.
-Courting Fiction

I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with the perfect book boyfriend all over again, I dreamt of China, and the wonderful experiences it has to offer. Taylor makes me want to pack up my bags and go on the journey of a lifetime right along with the main characters, experiencing new and exciting adventures. This book is absolutely amazing, and I’m positive I will be rereading it many, many times again.
-Mylissa's Reviews and Book Thoughts


I loved it and want to go back and reread it again soon. Such a fun swoony book. You might be smiling from ear to ear, you might cry a little, you might definitely laugh out loud some too. I did all three and couldn't put it down and had to tell everyone around me what I was reading. So good!!!!!
-Julie, Amazon Reviewer

I don't want to give anything away, but the romance in this one is very swoony and yet clean. There is definitely chemistry and some very deep connections, but the twists and turns caught me off guard. This is one story that I will absolutely be suffering a book hangover from--I didn't want it to end!
-Katie's Clean Book Collection


Oh my gosh. I am a sobbing mess. I LOVED this book. I felt each emotion that Savannah experienced. My heart ached for her and I cried and cried as she reveals her story towards the end. I then cried happy tears too. This was a such a beautiful book and I will be recommending it to all of my friends!
-Hanna, Amazon Reviewer

Adoration and love. This book just weaved itself around me. The characters were alive and vibrant in my mind. Everything just came to life like a movie for me. I love when that happens. This book should be a movie!
-Aimee, Getting Your Read On


Wow, I loved this book so much! I started reading it and didn't stop until 2:40 am.
I can't stop rereading chapter 31.
-Cindy, Amazon Reviewer

Chasing Fireflies is the perfect combination of heartwarming and heart wrenching scenes. You'll laugh and feel good, yet you'll weep for Savannah as well. It is a clean romance, so you can share it with anyone! You'll love it.
-Christy's Cozy Corners


This is my very first book by Taylor Dean and I can tell you without a doubt that it will not be my last! She literally sucked me in from the very beginning and I loved the journey she took me on! This is an AMAZING addition to The Power of the Matchmaker series. I am SO glad I picked this one up! Have I told you yet that I loved it and that it's AMAZING?! ;)

And in the spirit of not giving anything away... I give you my casting! ;)


description
 
-kjsbooknook



I have to say, she did a great job of casting CHASING FIREFLIES! I'm impressed!

I admit that my inspiration for my handsome hero--who shall not be named because it's a spoiler--was this commercial:



         

Okay, one more review I love. I love the gif!!!

Chasing Fireflies was a one sitting book! I couldn't put it down until I had finished it, and that doesn't happen as often as you would think nowadays!
                 

-Kate, Goodreads Reviewer

All right, I'll stop now. I can't write all of them or this post will be way too long! Sorry if I left your review out. Just know I appreciate each and every one. I'll read all of these reviews over and over whenever I need encouragement. Thanks, everyone, for all of these wonderful reviews! They mean so much to me!

8 comments:

  1. Yea! I'm so glad the feedback was so positive. AFter reading the beta-version, I was dying for months to have this released so the world would enjoy it...and kept thinking I would lose all faith in humanity if they didn't love it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt as though I took a few risks with this book. I wrote it in first person present tense, which not everyone loves. I fell in love with that style of writing and don't plan on going back to third person. Did I ever tell you that I completely changed Lancaster House to first person? Yep, I did, long before publishing it, that is. Then I decided I hated it and changed it back to third person. I've been wanting to switch to first person present tense for a while now, but it's not always the popular choice. But I LOVE it! And I love reading books that are written this way. It makes me as the reader feel like I am in the moment.
      Thank you for your response to Chasing Fireflies. It made me realize that just maybe I finally got it right!!!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the amazing feedback. I am not surprised. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty surprised by the feedback, but I was sure hoping it would be good!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sherry! You're the best!

      Delete
  3. You deserve all the excellent reviews! It was such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, thank you, Christy! I wouldn't be able to do this without the support of amazing readers/bloggers like you! You inspire me!

      Delete
  4. Those fabulous reviews are so deserved, Taylor! I'm smiling huge for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! I'm smiling huge after reading your comment!

      Delete