Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lancaster House and The Middle Aisle Reviews

Special thanks to Sherry for the below reviews!

This review of Lancaster House is from Sherry at Fundinmental:


4 – Would Highly Recommend To Others

This was definitely a different twist on a vampire (?), ghost (?) or madwoman (?) story. I got about halfway through and thought WT. Never saw that coming. Now I get it, or do I?

A psychological thriller that will keep you guessing. The minute you think you have the answer, you better think again.

The plot had me guessing if HE was real or not, but I’m a reader, not Zoe, so it is totally feasible to me. The book was well written and I liked that it took a twist here and there. Not your typical vampire or ghost story. Or even that of a locked up mad woman. As soon as I thought I had it figured out, something else would happen and I would be wondering, what now? Definitely messed with my mind, had my head spinning. And still does.

What would you do if you had an uninvited guest in your house? Would you believe it was supernatural or would you think your mind was playing tricks on you? Even though you felt him, touched him, kissed him, would you be able to hold to your belief while everyone is telling you that you are wrong? That is Zoe’s situation.

Zoe was confident in her knowledge of Andre, no matter what anyone else tried to tell her. All she cared about was being with Andre. He tried to make her see they couldn’t have a relationship, that they lived in different worlds – his was supernatural and she couldn’t join him there, or could she?

I felt the doctor was arrogant and controlling, and I really didn’t like him. He became obsessed with Zoe and lost his perspective. Maybe he’s the one who needs help. lol

Shortly into the book, I thought, this will be a three. It quickly turned into a four, for the simple reason I began to read faster and faster. I had to know what was going to happen next. The writing was captivating and took me deeper into the story as it built to its suspenseful ending.

The end will take you away. Just hope you don’t end up in Serenity Hills with Zoe.

Next is Sherry's amazing five-star review of The Middle Aisle, again from her blog, Fundinmental:
 5 STARS – Would Buy It For Them (lol)
Was he a ghost? A vampire? Was he even real? The story will have you so engrossed, that it won’t matter what Andre really is. He will win you over.
I felt it was such a tragic love story, that I wanted to cry with Zoe, as she strived to create a real life with Andre. Their love was so great, I could only hope that it would break all the barriers that the supernatural had imposed on them. I loved the characters, and even Dr. Channing won me over in the end.
teary eyes Pictures, Images and PhotosThe psychological thrill ride had me questioning everything. The plot was so unique and unforeseen, that I was constantly surprised.
The ending left me stunned, I smiled as the tears ran down my face.  It was one of the best endings of any book I have read and left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling that lingered long after I had finished the book.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog. The books are amazing and I love sharing them with others. Keep up the good work.

    Hope the rest of your holidays and the new year are full of wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Sherry, but the thanks go to you for the wonderful review! I appreciate you! I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed the Lancaster House series.

      Delete
  2. Great review. I loved Lancaster House and can't wait to read Middle Aisle. I haven't been able to stop thinking about the first book for days now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C! It's comments like these that I LOVE to hear!

      Delete